2018 Bloomington Geometry Workshop
Indiana University, Bloomington
April 6 - 8,
The geometry group at Indiana University will host an April workshop with the help of the Indiana University, Department of Mathematics.
The aim of the gathering is to foster interaction among
mathematicians having diverse geometric interests.
Speakers:The workshop will begin on Friday, April 6th, at 4:00 pm with a colloquium lecture by:
- Bruce Kleiner (New York University)
The workshop continues on Saturday and Sunday, April 7-8 with an additional lecture from Bruce Kleiner as well as lectures by:
- Paul Apisa (University of Chicago)
- Mike Davis (Ohio State University)
- Nathan Dunfield (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Tullia Dymarz (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Sara Maloni (University of Virginia)
- Alan Reid (Rice University)
Abstracts and schedule of talks will be announced as we approach the workshop date.Travel Support:
We are currently in the process of securing funding and expect to be able to provide support for travel and local expenses of many participants. The funding of graduate students and recent PhDs will receive priority.
Registration:If you plan to join us, please register electronically as soon as possible.
We expect hotels to fill up quickly this weekend; so please do not wait to book your hotel. Here are some hotels in Bloomington:
- Indiana Memorial Union, a pleasant and convenient hotel on campus. 800-209-8145.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 15 minute walk from workshop. 812-335-8000. li>
- Hilton Garden Inn, 15 minute walk from workshop. 812-331-1335. li>
- Travelodge, inexpensive, 20 minute walk to workshop. 812-339-6191. li>
- Motel 6, inexpensive, 2 miles from workshop. 812-332-0820. li>
- Hampton Inn, 2 miles from workshop. 812-334-2100. li>
- Holiday Inn, 2.2 miles from workshop. 812-334-3252. li>
- Comfort Inn, 2.2 miles from workshop. 812-650-0010. li>
- A SummerHouse Inn, 2.6 miles from workshop. 812-332-2141. li>
Between talks & after hours:
- Restaurants and Coffee: There are many restaurants near the University, with a wide variety of cuisines including: Afghan, Burmese, Eritrean, Indian, Moroccan, Thai, and Tibetan. Most have fare amenable to vegetarian diets and one can find a decent cup of coffee in town.
- Entertainment: On Friday and Saturday, the IU opera theatre will be performing West Side Story. We also plan a fine-dining opportunity for participants and friends on Saturday.
Location and Directions:
- Matt Bainbridge
- Chris Connell
- David Fisher
- Nicholas Miller
- Sugata Mondal
- Shi Wang